Thursday, April 5, 2012

Drop Love on a Stage and the World Will Be Entertained

Why the heck are we so coy?? I mean, I've had some time to look at boys and girls falling in love from a distance; and it's depressing. I can know for a fact that one boy is in love with one girl, and that one girl is in love with that one boy, but nothing happens next, because they keep playing these little games with each other to test and see if the other has a mutual feeling....
Oh wait, I'm the same way, all the time.
So I guess I can't totally hate it if I do it all the time too, but I guess I am kind of frustrated as to why it is that way with young romance.
Kids might be better off these days if they learned how to not be so darn apologetic for their feelings. Maybe there's a happy medium....but the medium can't be that happy.
Of course, the sad thing is I can go give plenty advice to both boys and girls and probably be able to help in some way; but I'll probably be single for another significant length of time.
But hey! YOLO, my friends. If you're interested in someone, at least try to do something about it. And don't forget say what you need to say. Seriously though, that's the most important part, is using your words. Not using some song you didn't write, not using your eyes, not some coy refference to your love-life...just use your words.

Now I'm going to go take my own advice, I'll be right back.

....

....

Okay, so maybe tomorrow.

...

Let's try this weekend, that's a far enough date a way for me to forget about it for another while.

3 comments:

  1. "so darn apologetic for their feelings." You are very insightful, Jake. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...those were the days... ;-) Though I think it would be super romantic to write a song about them/your feelings for them. But that scenario would still require you to actually TELL them it was about them at some point...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Becky! Already been done! The song part that is :P

      Delete