Friday, March 2, 2012

It's a Wonderful Life


I can't tell you how surreal it is to get on this social network and see all these links talking about this kid who needs medical payment help, and see so many people I know and don't know sharing it. It's even more surreal when I realize that it's me they're talking about. Truly, it is a dizzying aspect. For several reasons, and one of which is the fact that I actually have this sickness and poison inside of me, and that my health really is compromised. Secondly, and most importantly, is that so many people have just rallied around me, and I'm so overwhelmed. People I've met only once have given so much for me, and I don't even know what to say. But I'm trying to take a stab at it now. I wish I could express how grateful I am to all of you. I hope you don't feel sorry for me, because this sickness has been more of an answer to prayer than any other curse some might name it. I've always dreamed of that "It's a Wonderful Life" moment, where I could step outside myself and see who my friends were, and what sort of person I really am. It saddened me that I didn't know either of those things for certain. I was insecure and doubtful. And at first, when it all came down, I was horrified. I honestly thought that God was out to get me for whatever reason. Too many things, even outside the cancer, happened in the same week, and I was not a happy camper. But God always seems to work in the strangest, but greatest of ways. Because almost immediately after, I was SUPPORTED by a MULTITUDE of people. I walked into my theater group one day and saw my name on every single kid's wrist. I walked in the next week and I was surrounded by them, each one praying for me. My church has come along side me in every way imagineable as well, and every day I have a reminder either by facebook or by cellphone that someone is praying for me. And on days like today, where my chemo really sucks, God just floods my heart with realization of what has done for me through all of this, and just reminds me that HE is why this is happening, that I may draw closer to Him, and others may see Him as well. Because God is doing a HEALING work in me, never has he inflicted me, and never has he forsaken me. And He will never do so. My friends, I still cannot even begin to express my sincere gratefulness to you. I'll just end up writing on and on, and I better stop pretty quick here because I'm too tired and getting all teary eyed. So I wrote this to let you ALL know, that if you've ever just muttered a prayer for me, or gave me that encouraging slap on the back, you've done more for me inside than I fear I could ever do in return. I am truly blessed, and I pray that God will just hit you all with a tidal wave of blessings. With much love, - Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment