Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Plead

This is a poem I wrote a few weeks ago, and it could be my favorite yet.
It's called "The Plead." Check it out!



It is after much wandering  that I end up here
I look back on yesterday and it feels like last year
I’m broken and done, I’ve done all I can do
No one can save me, no one but You
My mouth is shut, because its sounds are a lie
So I sit here alone and quietly write
I write of things that are simple and sad
I feel simple and sad; unstable and mad
A lesser man than they who rule their days
They stride with confidence in all of their ways
I don’t feel confident, not in the least
I’m a stranger, a mouse entertaining a beast
Who am I compared to Your greatest, my King?
I am no David, I’m just a sapling
I drank up the earth but refused to grow
I’m rooted and fruitless as You and I know
I’ve always wanted more than I could hold
I wanted my story to be one that was told
To inspire the next generation to rise
So I don’t know why it was such a surprise
To see that dream fall in the pit that I made
When I knew I was talk, and I was just afraid
Of insignificance and discontent
Of having no money to pay the rent
I was leaning on luck and not on You
I’ve broken Your heart with the things that I do
I should be forgotten and left in my pit
Because I have done nothing to deserve what I get
Lord, I know that  I have messed up again
I know it’d be just if You left me broken
But Merciful Father, forsake me not I plead
I give up my wants because You’re all that I need
I wish to give no excuse for my cause
Shine Your Light on me, reveal my flaws
So I may see and recognize
The sin that takes me from Your side
I will be content on earth as a stranger
Because You were one too; born in a manger

2 comments:

  1. Wow this was deep and right to the point. A fine piece of work,my friend

    ReplyDelete