Monday, March 5, 2012

A Musical

I  had an epiphany today -- I think I want to write a musical. I have so much music and chord progressions in my head at all times, and I love drama, I love to write; it just seems like all of the above, and I'd love to at least take a stab at it. I already have the main idea in my head, like the time setting and the type of characters I'll be dealing with. I need a conflict though. I need a bad guy too. And something that makes the leading role different than the rest of the roles being portrayed.
An unusual gift maybe? Or maybe the opposite of that; like a disability?
The tunes would be reverting back to the origins of "pop musicals," with exciting and upbeat rhythms like what you would hear in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and rock ballads with atttitude and catchy tunes such as those found in Singin' in the Rain and The Newsies. I'm pretty excited to get working on it.
I'm alerady preparing to get some of my creative friends together and discuss things about it, like more details about the plot, where we wanna go with music, and dialogues/monologues. It's going to be super fun.
So if you have any ideas, any type of character that you've created in your mind that you would love to see depicted on stage, comment back on this blog! Any character names too, feel free to chime in.

1 comment:

  1. You should do Screnzy!!!!! It's like the screenplay version of Nanowrimo and takes place in April. Might not be the best pace to write accompanying music, but it's nice to get all the ideas out in paper. And if a snatch of music hits you in the middle of it, you can always write it down. =) that's very exciting, Jake!

    ReplyDelete